by Cynthia Ackrill, MD, FAIS
How can you help your team manage the stress of the next few months?
- First, by doing this exercise for yourself. It’s impossible to have leadership presence or feel authentic when you are feeling pushed to your limits.
- Model self-care. People notice your well-being more than you realize.
- Make self-care a safe and common topic in your culture. Self-care is leadership! And it is the secret to peak performance.
- Brainstorm ways to manage stress together. You don’t have to solve the stress puzzle; it’s your job to empower your team to solve it together.
- Stay curious and reward a curious approach to experimenting with new ways to reduce stress.
- Keep the fun factor alive authentically. It’s not frivolous; it’s a way to keep brains motivated and creative and hearts connected.
- Capture wins and build on them.