Our Board of Trustees, Advisory Board and Fellows include individuals with expertise in a wide range of stress management specialties. Many are available for lectures, consultation or to serve as Expert Witnesses in Workers’ Compensation, FELA and other litigation. If you would like a referral to or consultation with one of our institute authorities on various stress-related topics please complete the form below. If you have a request that is not addressed in this list, please add a comment in the notes section of the contact form. We shall do our best to accommodate your request. An AIS representative will be in contact with you soon to address your needs.
Referrals & Consultation Topics:
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Cardiovascular Disease – heart attacks, rhythm disturbances, congestive failure, hypertension, stroke, sudden death
- Neurological and Psychiatric Disorders – tension headache, migraine, Parkinson’s Disease, Alzheimer’s and memory loss problems, multiple sclerosis anxiety and panic disorders, depression
- Gastrointestinal Dysfunction – esophageal reflux, peptic ulcer, irritable bowel syndrome, regional ileitis, ulcerative colitis
- Endocrine Disturbances – diabetes, hyperthyroidism, virilism
- Job Stress – sources, manifestations, health and fiscal effects, designing and evaluating stress management training workplace programs
- Stress Reduction Techniques -Meditation, Progressive Muscular Relaxation, Yoga, Biofeedback, Cognitive Restructuring, Behavioral Modification, Time Urgency, Assertiveness Training
- Dermatological Complaints – itching, rashes, hives, angioneurotic edema, hair loss
- Stress Assessment and Measurement Techniques
- Type A Coronary Prone Behavior – measurement instruments, structured personal interview, behavioral modification, stress inoculation training
- Stress in Different Demographic Groups – children, teens, the elderly, working women, specific occupations (CEO’s, teachers, police officers, physicians, nurses, emergency service personnel).
THE AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF STRESS DOES NOT PROVIDE ANY CLINICAL SERVICES NOR ARE WE ABLE TO RESPOND TO REQUESTS FOR ASSISTANCE WITH PERSONAL PROBLEMS OTHER THAN TO SUGGEST RESOURCES THAT MAY BE HELPFUL WHEN APPROPRIATE. DUE TO THE LARGE NUMBER OF REQUESTS WE ARE UNABLE TO PROVIDE FREE INFORMATION OR LITERATURE FOR DISTRIBUTION.
Referral/ Consultation Request Form